Here we are at the end of another 30 day challenge. I did pretty well- there were a few days missed but at least one day with double posts. Not perfect but not bad either. Most importantly, I’ve learned a few things about blogging:
- It’s okay to have hoards of ideas hanging out as drafts. Sometimes I don’t have time to fully flesh out an idea but if it’s in the drafts then it’s there to be mined when I have writer’s block.
- Mornings, after R leaves and before the kids are awake, are definitely the best time to write.
- It’s okay to settle for evenings even though mornings are better- evenings are better than not at all.
- Pushing myself to write more often makes my writing more personal and honest- and ultimately more relevant.
- It’s okay to write about a variety of things. I’m passionate about a lot of things and limiting myself to a niche may increase my readership but it won’t make me a better writer. I am not knocking the niche blogs! I love all of the niche blogs I read but at this point in my writing that is just too confining for me.
I’m going to try to be more consistent with writing here even though the challenge is over. But I do know myself well enough to know I work best with deadlines and clear guidelines. Perhaps I need to mull over some specific goals for myself and this blog…