I’m sending a huge and heartfelt thanks to Patrice over at The Heartbreak of Invention for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger award. I love Patrice’s blog and the beauty of her writing style so I am really honored that she included me in her choices. My posts are kind of all over the place both in topic and consistency so I’m always happily surprised to have any readers at all.
There are a few guidelines that go along with this award:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
15 5 Nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award
- I’m Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write. Unschooling activism at it’s finest. I think the title says it all.
- Midwives, Doulas, Home Birth, OH MY! I would read this even if she wasn’t my friend. And I am only a semi-crunchy mamma and both of my babies were born in a hospital. I just enjoy good writing from an author who believes in the intelligence of her readers.
- Talk Birth Again, she’s my friend but she’s also a great writer. There is definitely more than birth talk going on at Talk Birth.
- Allison’s Weblog Lots of great book and movie reviews. We have similar taste and I like mining her posts for ideas.
- Follow that Dream Fabulous writing. Lots about unschooling but really just about life. Be sure to check out the link for “Posts that Don’t Suck”.
And that’s all I’ve got to share. I know the rules stated 15 but I don’t follow a lot of blogs. Patrice, who nominated me and is linked above, is the only other blog I follow on a regular basis. (Aside from some friends whose family life blogs I follow but I wasn’t sure how they’d feel about me publically linking to them. Shauna and Wendy, I’m talking about you!) I also enjoy all of the bloggers at freethoughtblogs.com but they are a big, organized, nationally recognized, paid group of bloggers who don’t need me to promote their readership. And even if they did, I felt like (even though it wasn’t explicitly stated) that this was supposed to be about recognizing the “little guys”.
7 Random Pieces of Information About Me
- I am a novelty seeker. I get bored easily and really need new and novel ideas and activities on a regular basis or I begin to feel depressed.
- I am easily frustrated but tend to get over it quickly.
- I have strong opinions about a variety of things.
- I am a skeptic. I need clear evidence before believing something. If I have questions and can’t find the evidence I need I will become almost obsessive about researching and discussing until my questions are resolved.
- I really love good story telling. Whether it’s a book, movie, blog or TV show I am sucked in by writers (and performers) who can convey the deepest human emotions that connect us all.
- If I became independently wealthy tomorrow the only thing that I would change about my life is that I would travel more. I decided a few years ago to stay home to be with my kids and we gave up a lot of material things we used to find really important. I don’t miss much of it but I do wish I could see more of the world. In fact I don’t know that I could ever see enough of the world to satisfy the wanderlust that inhabits me.
- I fiercely believe in the inherent worth and dignity of ALL people. Young and old, rich and poor, winners and losers, heroes and cowards, the generous and the selfish, the kind-hearted and the jerks. No matter the culture, place of birth, religion (or lack there-of). Everyone has a story of how they came to be who they are and often, if we are willing to take the time, we can have compassion even for those whom we’ll never understand or agree.