Recently I came across a blog post written by a mom who wants her kids to know her better. I have the same desire and often wonder if they see me as a real person, one with hopes and dreams, or if I’m “just” their mom. Don’t get me wrong, I know mom is an important role to them, but as they grow older and need me less I want them see me more.
So, I’ve decided to take up the challenge the author of the blog has set up for herself. Of course I’m not one to just follow directions so I have a few caveats. I may or may not get to every question on her list. I may or may not come up with a few things to add. I probably won’t go in order. I’ll write about other things along the way, not just plowing through the list to get it done. Some of the questions will be answered just for them, not for public consumption. I suppose I see her list of questions is more of a guide than a blueprint. So, her list…
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
14. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.